The trip to England went fine. The company’s project was finished and I got the car. I converted it back to gasoline with the carburettor I had with me to be able to drive aboard the ferry later.
I removed the gas mixer from the engine but left the wood gas throttle valve on. I then mounted the carburettor on the valve. The carburettor’s throttle valve was fixed to open position. In this way the wood gas throttle is used to accelerate and it saved me the job to make new linkage to the carburettor. I used the air mixing cable to set the choke and the idling cable still sets the idling.
I installed the petrol hosing, fuel pump, safety shutoff-valve and jerry can. The conversion took 60 minutes and the engine was now ready for start. It started almost immediately on petrol with some nice Zenith carburettor misfiring. It sounds like a good old Volvo! As I expected, the idling is uneven, but it runs good on high revs. I want to give a big thanks to a guy named Chris for helping me!