Werner cut some wood for me this evening to be able to drive home to Dalarna. I was going to do a new attempt to drive on wood, but I had my doubts about that it would work.
The first couple of kilometres went fine and the road was bumpy, making the wood fall down properly in the combustion zone. But the system stalled as soon as I came out on the big roads. I got stuck in the middle of nowhere again and Niclas and Wernes friend Otto, was going to come and help me. I didnít really know exactly where I was, so I took a walk along the road to find road signs that could give me a clue. I found two of them, pointing in different directions. By comparing them with the map I could give Otto directions. While Otto was on his way, I started to mount the carburettor again. I bought some gasoline of him and he helped me to jump-start the car.
I had to stop and sleep several times in the car on the way home. I came home 6 a clock in the morning, tired but very happy!
I took the car for a ride on wood later in the afternoon. I used moist wood chips as fuel and now I saw something really interesting.
The wood chips created heavy smoke and I could see that there was a lot of smoke leaking out from beneath the producer. This shows that the cut of flame that Werner saw, most likely was created by this leak. It is also likely that this has caused the problems when driving on wood gas during the trip.
The system was subject to some testing during its time in Britain. The last test was an explosion in the producer with a very heavy blast that could have damaged a bad weld seam.