Repairing the producer
When I had rested from the trip, it was time to fix the producer. I cut a hole in the producer stand where I thought that the leak would be. I then filled the producer with moist wood and light it. I used a vacuum cleaner with the housing connected to the outlet to blow the system.
I got nice pile of smoke, and when I closed the hatch I could see smoke coming out the hole I had cut. To seal the leak, I had got myself a tube of high temp silicone. It was hard to determine exactly where the leak was so I smudged silicone over the whole weld seam under the producer. I adjusted a mirror in to position so I could see what I did.
The system was really easy to start this time and run smoothly without problems. The car makes about 85km/h now and stopping and idling is no longer a problem.